12 Ways To Sell Your House In This Crappy Market #11
12 Ways To Sell Your House In This Crappy Market
Expand your buyer’s due diligence
Aside from the financial details, contracts, disclosures and protections you typically tend to as you prep to buy a home, add these to the list:
· Hire a title company to check the house for liens and tax arrearages.
· Hire you own inspector. Don’t use the seller’s!
· Have the inspector check for unpermitted work such as illegal room additions and garage conversions.
· Consider the overall energy efficiency of the home with an energy audit.
· Be sure property lines are accurate, by obtaining a new survey. The surveyor will research the original deed and stake out the property’s lines and your neighbors’ property lines to avoid future disputes.
\nBy: on March 27th, 2012 Category: Uncategorized