Fun Things to do in the Snow
· Make Snow Ice Cream. My kids love it!
· Build a snow sculpture. If you have no creative talent, cake pans and jello molds can be used to make something cool. If your kids have sand molds and buckets, those can be used in the snow too.
· Go sledding. Sleds are sold out all over the state, but you can use the lid of a Rubbermaid tub, pool inner tub or a trash can lid. We used to do that when I was a kid. Just be careful, this kind of sledding is not as safe and sledding is not that safe to begin with.
· Make snow angels, snow forts and snowballs. You could even try to build and igloo. If you build a few forts, you can have a snowball war.
· Look at the snowflakes with your kids. Snowflakes are really neat and each one really is different. Take a sheet of dark paper and magnifying glass out with your kids and show them how intricate even tiny snowflakes are.
· Follow animal tracks and try to see who made them. This is fun for kids and adults.
· Hook your dog to a sled and train for the Iditarod sled dog race. I’m only kidding. The Iditarod is just a few weeks away in Anchorage, AK. The funny thing? Lately, Arkansas has been colder and getting more snow than the average snowfall in Anchorage. We may soon be holding sled dog races.
· Use food coloring to decorate the yard. Fill a spray bottle full of colored water and send the kids out to decorate.
· Decorate with birdseed. Give kids sunflower, corn, wild bird seed mixes, etc and have them make designs in the snow with the birdseed. You can even use molds. This is good for the animals and fun.
\nBy: on February 9th, 2011 Category: Uncategorized